The scalp is a part of our bodies that, together with any other part that grows hair, absorbs everything we put on even more efficiently due to the hair follicles. The hair follicles creates an open entrance to our body where the chemicals in non organic products can cause great harm. Many common ingredients in the non organic hair care products are known cancerogens, allergens and skin irritants, and many people suffering from the most common symptoms such as skin rashes, eczema, and dandruff are not aware of why they are suffering, and are using more harmful chemicals to treat their problems.
By using certified organic hair care you can be sure that you are avoiding all harmful and synthetic chemicals, but make sure that the products you purchase are certified organic. A big problem today is that many manufacturers of non organic hair care are labeling their products as 'organic' and 'natural' which they may not even be. A classified natural product can contain as little as 3% natural ingredients and still be classified as a 'natural' product. The other 97% can be as synthetic as they want to.
The miessence organic hair care range is made using only natural ingredients.
Desert Flower organic shampoo is very mild and contains yucca juice and polyglucose to gently cleanse the hair while panthenol moisturises. Organic avocado oil restores lustre and hydrates dry and damaged hair ends, and organic herbs add sheen and body.
Dandruff. To treat dandruff you can add one drop of lavender essential oil and one drop of tea tree essential oil to every tablespoon of shampoo. Only blend a small amount and start with mixing the drops together in an empty round bottle. Mix the essential oils gently by rolling the bottle between your hands, then add the shampoo, put the top on and turn the bottle upside down a couple of times to mix. The reason why it is important to mix the oils gently is to preserve them and not crush them and therefore minimize their healing properties.
Dandruff treatment. To make your own dandruff treatment mix 2 drops of lavender essential oil with two drops of tea tree oil to one tablespoon of avocado or almond oil. Mix in the same way as for the shampoo. Use the treatment once a week or whenever the scalp is extra flaky.
The Lemon Myrtle Shampoo is a gentle cleanser and purifier for normal to oily hair, or for a deep cleanse after using a lot of styling products.
Shine Herbal Conditioner hydrates, conditions and protects the hair with nourishing and emollient moringa seed oil from Tanzania. Pro-vitamin B5 (panthenol) and organic herbs promote lustre and body. Naturally balances the pH with organic apple cider vinegar. The organic hair conditioner can be used as an intensive leave in treatment or a normal conditioner to be rinsed out.
To help detangle and strengthen your locks you can use the miessence Organic Hair Repair Treatment which also rebuilds the hairs elasticity.
To shop natural and organic hair care and essential oils click here.